Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
- Oxford Handbook of Language Evolution - Oxford Handbooks.
- Salmagundi: Salads from the Middle East and Beyond.
- Sensory-Motor Organizations and Development in Infancy and Early Childhood: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop on Sensory-Motor Organizations and Development in Infancy and Early Childhood Chateu de Rosey, France.
- Identification and Quantification of Drugs, Metabolites and Metabolizing Enzymes by LC-MS (Progress in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis).
- Collins Get Ready for IELTS Writing.
- Transactions of the International Astronomical Union: Proceedings of the Nineteenth General Assembly Delhi 1985?
Please subscribe or login to access full text content. If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code. For questions on access or troubleshooting, please check our FAQs , and if you can''t find the answer there, please contact us.
All Rights Reserved.
Seyfarth and Dorothy L.
The Oxford Handbook of Language Evolution (Oxford Handbooks)
Pollick Have we underestimated great ape vocal capacities? Janik Evolution of communication and language: insights from parrots and songbirds Irene M. Pepperberg Are other animals as smart as great apes? Do others provide better models for the evolution of speech or language? Gibson and Maggie Tallerman Innateness and human language: a biological perspective W. Diller and Rebecca L.
Cann Not the neocortex alone: other brain structures also contribute to speech and language Kathleen R. Gibson The mimetic origins of language Merlin Donald Evolution of behavioural and brain asymmetries in primates William D. Hopkins and Jacques Vauclair Towards an evolutionary biology of language through comparative neuroanatomy Wendy K.
The Oxford Handbook of Language Evolution
Its five parts are devoted to insights from comparative animal behavior; the biology of language evolution anatomy, genetics, and neurology ; the prehistory of language when and why did language evolve? Research on language evolution has burgeoned over the last three decades.
Interdisciplinary activity has produced fundamental advances in the understanding of language evolution and in human and primate evolution more generally.
The book presents a wide-ranging summation of work in all the disciplines involved. It highlights the links in different lines of research, shows what has been achieved to date, and considers the most promising directions for future work. The Oxford Handbook of Language Evolution will be valued by everyone interested in one of the most productive and fascinating fields in natural and cognitive science. She has spent her professional life in North East England, having previously taught for 21 years at Durham University.
Her research interests center on the origins and evolution of syntax and morphology; modern Brythonic Celtic syntax and morphology; and language typology. She is also the editor of the series Palgrave Modern Linguistics. Kathleen R. Her co-edited books include, with Sue T. She is the co-editor with James R. Hurford of the series, Oxford Studies in the Evolution of Language. The Oxford Handbook of Language and Law is a landmark publication in the field that will serve as a useful guide and reference work through the entanglements and pitfalls of the language evolution jungle for both experienced scholars and newcomers alike.
Convert currency. Add to Basket. Book Description Condition: Brand New.
ISBN 13: 9780199541119
Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. More information about this seller Contact this seller. Book Description Condition: New.
The Oxford Handbook of Language Evolution - Google книги
This item may ship fro the US or other locations in India depending on your location and availability. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Excellent Customer Service.
- The Oxford Handbook of Language Evolution : Maggie Tallerman : ?
- Bestselling Series;
- The Oxford Handbook of the History of Linguistics - Google книги.
- The Imaginary Museum of Musical Works: An Essay in the Philosophy of Music.
- A Practical Manual of Beekeeping.
- Cancer - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References.
Condition: New. Seller Inventory